Need for AdaptationA significant amount of climate change is already locked in, no matter what California and other states do to reduce emissions. Climate change impacts include increasingly frequent and severe storms, floods, fires, droughts, and heat waves, sea level rise, invasive species and pests, and more. While we must reduce emissions quickly to avoid the most severe climate changes, we must also take steps to reduce the risk from changes that are already certain to occur.
- IPCC report on Extreme Events
- Climate Science, Impacts and Response: Update (California Energy Commission)
- Center for Climate Strategies Adaptation Handbook
- Billion Dollar U.S. Weather/Climate Disasters (NOAA)
- Learn more about Climate Science